Red Pleated Mini / Short Skirt Outfit
When the weather starts to warm up, the red pleated mini skirt outfits make their return to fashion. This style has been seen on runways and in magazines for several seasons now, and it doesn’t seem to be going away.
This trendy skirt is perfect for summer and can be dressed up or down.
Whether you want to wear it with a top and heels for a night out or layer it over a tank and boots for a more casual look, there’s no wrong way to rock this trend.
Here are some quick tips on how to rock this outfit:
- To wear a short red pleated skirt in a casual setting, pair it with a plain t-shirt or tank top and some sandals or flats. You can also add a denim jacket or light cardigan if needed.
- For a more dressy look, try pairing your skirt with a blouse or shirt that has some detailing, like ruffles or lace. Heels or dressy flats are perfect for this look.
How to Wear a Red Pleated Mini Skirt Outfit
Material: What Kind Of Fabric To Choose?
For starters, the fabric should be lightweight and have some give so that it moves with you as you walk. A polyester blend is ideal for this, as it will hang nicely and not wrinkle easily.
Alternatively, a cotton twill would also work well. If you’re looking for something a little dressier, silk or satin would be perfect. Just make sure that the fabric is not too heavy or stiff.
Color: How To Wear Red
Red is the color of passion, love, and power. It’s a very strong and intense color that can make a statement when worn correctly. A red pleated mini skirt outfit can be sassy and sexy when styled correctly.
- Pair your short red pleated skirt with a simple black top or blouse for a classy look.
- If you want to add some color, try pairing your skirt with a brightly colored blouse or shirt.
- Add some heels to complete the look and give yourself some height.
- Accessorize with jewelry and a bag in a matching color for a pulled-together look.
Length: How To Find The Right Length?
- If you’re petite, look for a short red pleated skirt that falls above the mid-thighs. This will elongate your legs and make you look taller.
- If you’re average height, try a skirt that falls mid-thigh or just below. This will create a flattering silhouette and lengthen your legs further.
- If you’re tall, go for one that falls above the knees. This will help to balance out your proportions and create an elegant look.
Accessories: What To Accessorize With
- Firstly, consider the overall look you’re going for then opt for accessories that will complement the colors in your outfit.
- Secondly, you don’t want to go overboard with jewelry or other statement pieces if you’re not comfortable with them or they don’t suit your style.
- Finally, think about what purpose the accessory will serve. If you’re looking for something to complete your look, choose an accessory that will do just that.
If you’re looking for something to add function to your outfit, go for something like a bag or a hat.
One option is to go with simple jewelry like a necklace and earrings. This will let the skirt be the focal point of the outfit. Another option is to add a belt to create a more defined waistline.
If you want to add some color or texture, try wearing a scarf or shawl around your neck or draped over your shoulders.
Mini / Short Red Pleated Skirt Outfit Ideas
1: Red Pleated Mini Skirt With White Tank Top And Tan Sandals
Pair the skirt with a white tank top and tan sandals for a look that’s perfect for any spring or summer occasion.
The skirt is flattering and easy to wear, and the simple tank top and sandals combo can be dressed up or down depending on the occasion.
Whether you’re going out for dinner or running errands around town, this outfit is sure to make you look and feel your best.
2: Red Pleated Mini Skirt With A White Blouse And Nude Pumps
There’s something about a red pleated mini skirt that just says “style.” And when you pair it with a white blouse and nude pumps, you’ve got an outfit that will have all eyes on you.
This look is perfect for a day or evening out, and it’s sure to make you feel confident and stylish.
3: A Red Pleated Mini Skirt With A Black Blazer And Black Pumps
When putting together an outfit for a day or evening out, it’s important to choose pieces that will flatter your figure and make you feel confident.
A red pleated mini skirt, a black blazer, and black pumps are all versatile pieces that can be dressed up or down to create different looks.
If you’re looking for something attention-grabbing, try pairing the short red pleated skirt with a brightly colored blazer.
For a more classic look, team the skirt with a solid-colored blazer and pumps in a neutral shade like black or brown.
4: A Red Pleated Mini Skirt With A White T-Shirt And Converse Sneakers
When it comes to dressing for a casual day out, a red pleated mini skirt, white t-shirt, and converse sneakers are always a good choice.
This outfit is comfortable and stylish, and it can be dressed up or down depending on the occasion. For eg., if you want to go out for lunch or dinner, you can add a blazer or sweater to the mix.
But if you’re just heading to the grocery store or running errands, leave the blazer or sweater at home and you’ll still look put together.
5: A Red Pleated Mini Skirt, A Denim Jacket, And Cowboy Boots
When the weather begins to cool down but you don’t want to break out the heavy coats just yet, a great way to dress for the transition is by wearing a denim jacket.
A great outfit for fall can be created using a red pleated mini skirt, denim jacket, and cowboy boots. For the top, choose a blouse or shirt that you feel comfortable in and that will complement your outfit.
The short red pleated skirt is a great piece to show off your legs and with the addition of cowboy boots, it gives the outfit a stylish edge.
A denim jacket is perfect for autumn weather as it is lightweight and versatile. You can wear it with pretty much anything in your wardrobe and it will keep you warm.
Finish off the look with some accessories such as a scarf or necklace and you’re good to go!